Whether you prefer french toast with powdered sugar and maple syrup, toasted bread with peanut butter, or simple bread toast with butter and cinnamon sugar, no one can deny that toasted bread is comfort food.
There are many ways to make toast, whether in a toaster, on a pan, and, wait for it, in an air fryer. Yes, you heard that right. You can make the crispiest and crunchiest toast in your air fryer! Air fryers give you health benefits since they do not use oil for cooking different foods, but many people don’t know how truly multifunctional they are.
Making toast inside an air fryer is pretty easy to make. After many experiments, we found the best way to make the best pieces of toast. In this article, we discuss how to make the best toast ever. Trust us on this because ours turn out perfect every single time.
Ingredients You Need
The best thing is that to air fry toast, you do not need anything that is not already available in your kitchen. All you need is sliced bread and your air fryer! So, if you have these things, you are ready to make the easiest, healthiest, and most delicious air fryer toast ever!
It is pretty simple. Just follow these following steps, and you are good to go.
1. Set up your air fryer.
The first thing you need to do is turn the air fryer on. Set it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and wait for it to heat.
2. Put the bread slices in the basket.
Once the unit heats up, take one or two slices of bread, depending on the size of the appliance, and place them inside the basket. Ensure that you are not blocking the flow of air inside the basket when you place the bread inside because it would prevent the bread from cooking to perfection.
3. Toast it for three minutes
Allow the bread to cook for three whole minutes, then take it out immediately to avoid burning. The time may vary, depending upon the thickness of the toast. If you like crispier toast, you can cook it for an additional minute or two.
Take the toast out of the basket and top with your favorite toppings. We believe toast tastes best with just butter or jam, but you can add anything, from avocado to egg, depending on what you like!
What Else Can You Cook in an Air Fryer?
The best thing about an air fryer is that you can make just about anything in it. You just have to be creative. People use their air fryers to make French bread, pizza, garlic bread, and even an entire loaf of bread in an air fryer! So, how do they do that? Read below to find out!
French Bread Pizza
This snack is perfect for all those who like frozen foods. You can have a delicious French bread pizza in 10 minutes, making it the ideal midnight snack for everyone!
All you have to do is grab your favorite brand of frozen French bread pizza, and that is it! If you do not have the frozen kind available, you can make them ahead and freeze them until you need them.
To make your own pizza, you need a loaf of French bread, tomato or marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, or any of your favorite toppings. Slice the loaf into thin slices, then spread the marinara sauce, cheese, and toppings on the top, and that’s it! You have fresh French bread pizzas to cook.
All you need to do now is follow these steps to make the perfect cheesy pizza:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the bread pieces inside the air fryer basket. Space them apart, so they cook evenly without sticking to each other, especially once the cheese melts.
- Let it cook for five minutes.
- Allow the bread to rest for a minute or two before you remove the pizzas.
You can also make crispy garlic toast in an air fryer. To do so, you need bread slices, softened butter, chopped or dried parsley flakes, and chopped garlic cloves or garlic powder. Mix the butter, parsley, and garlic to make a paste. If you like spice, you can also mix in dried chili flakes.
Take the slices of bread and spread the garlic butter evenly across the top before fitting them inside the air fryer basket. Bake the bread inside the fryer for four to six minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese on top of your garlic toast, and you are done!
Yes, making an entire loaf of bread in an air fryer is possible. You need the following ingredients:
- 7-inches springform pan (or find the one which can fit perfectly inside the air fryer basket)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of warm water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter
To make this recipe, here’s what you need to do:
- Pour lukewarm water and yeast into a bowl and allow the yeast to bloom, which takes about three to five minutes.
- Add flour, milk, sugar, salt, and softened butter inside the yeast and mix it all until the dough feels slightly flaky.
- Transfer the sticky dough on a floured surface and knead it until it is smooth and it bounces back when you poke it
- Shape the dough in a ball and place it inside an oiled pan
- Cover the pan with a cloth or plastic wrap and allow it to rest for at least an hour so that the dough rises to double its initial size.
- Lightly brush the top of the dough with egg wash, place the pan inside the air fryer, and cook at 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the loaf for 8 to 10 minutes or until it has become golden brown.
Once the loaf has been made, you can use it for anything you want. You can even use this white bread to make the above recipes, or try it with grilled cheese, french toast, or to make your favorite cold cut sandwich.
Air fryers have a multitude of functions. You can cook bacon, roast brussels sprouts, and fry up sausages in it. All you have to do is find the right air fryer-friendly recipes. Also, if you want your air fryer to work efficiently, servicing it is necessary. Finally, make sure to clean it and remove the crumbles and grime regularly to keep it in tip-top shape.